- 16 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 16 Mar 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Anchor needs an internet connection to allow authorized users to access anchored files. But sometimes, your users need to work with anchored files offline. At the same time, your organization needs to maintain Anchor control and protection.
Airplane mode is a feature that allows you to enable offline access to Anchored files. Administrators can select which users can access files offline. Admins can also set a time limit for access, up to 90 days.
How to enable/disable AirPlane mode on the Admin dashboard
1. In the left menu, select Settings > User Roles
2. Under Actions, click on the 3 vertical dots, then click View
- Click General Settings, then expand the User Component Settings submenu
- Toggle on/off Enable Airplane Mode.
- Finally, you can enter how long (number of days) users can access Anchored files before needing to reconnect to the internet.
File Access logs on Right-click options.
Anchor will show the file actions done by users in offline mode in access logs. The Anchor app will upload the activity logs to the Anchor platform once the user returns to online mode.
The following are the specific File Access logs collected for the offline mode feature:
- ADD-OFFLINE: When a user marks a folder for offline use using right-click options.
- REMOVE-OFFLINE: When a user removes a folder from offline use using right-click options.
- GO-OFFLINE: When a user goes to offline mode using the system tray app option.
- GO-ONLINE: When a user goes to online mode using the system tray app option.
- OFFLINE_ANCHOR: When a new file is Anchored in offline mode.
- OFFLINE_OPEN: When a user opens an Anchored file in offline mode.
- OFFLINE_EDIT: When a user edits an Anchored file in offline mode.
- OFFLINE_DENY: When a user is denied access to open an Anchored file in offline mode.
- OFFLINE_REVOKE: When a user's access to Anchored files is revoked in offline mode. It happens when the user's offline mode time expires.
Note: The user will see an Anchor notification message if the user is in offline mode and the offline mode period expires.
Case 1: The user will see an Anchor notification message if the user has Anchored files open.
Case 2: The user will see an Anchor notification message if the user opens a file after the offline mode period expired.